Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Goodness Campaign



Who wouldn't be tired of all the negativity that are spread out through different media? It is, indeed, time to focus on the brighter side of life. I assure you, you won't hurt your eyes in doing so. *wink

Kate's post for her Wacky Wednesday made me realize that we're a bit lucky. Well, I guess we're lucky.

Yes, there were LOTS of negative things broadcasted in our media. People were killed. Rape cases. Politicians abusing their positions. Overseas Filipino workers that were deported or killed. Well, if I'm gonna state all of those negative news here, you'll definitely close my post as early as this point.

What I love about the Philippine media is their constant pursuit of finding good news to the people. I've heard a recent story of a man from Sultan Kudarat who invented an injection against cocolisap, the pest that destroys coconut trees. As stated on the news, the plant vaccine was composed of decaying plants, insects, and molasses.

I also remembered the news about how Catholics have been expecting Pope Francis' visit at the victims of Typhoon Yolanda (Haiyan, international name). Since Philippines is considered a Catholic country, the much-awaited visit of the pope would help a lot in their recovery after the typhoon.

If you could notice, I've stated more bad news than good ones. My main reason is that I could remember more of the bad news than the other. Just like Kate's plea, I also hope that the broadcasting networks would focus on the most important news. Moreover, they should add stories about doing good and being good. :D

Bottomline is, we should believe in goodness. It still exists in our cruel world.



Love,
Huntress

No comments: