Monday, August 18, 2014

IF I STAY by Gayle Forman


This book have been recommended by my friend, Xerlyn, about a year ago. Due to my "obsession" with vampire novels, I just finished reading it yesterday.


Here's a blurb that I found on the author's website:

On a day that started like any other…

Mia had everything: a loving family, a gorgeous, adoring boyfriend, and a bright future full of music and full of choices. Then, in an instant, almost all of that is taken from her. Caught between life and death, between a happy past and an unknowable future, Mia spends one critical day contemplating the one decision she has left—the most important decision she’ll ever make.
 
Simultaneously tragic and hopeful, this is a romantic, riveting and ultimately uplifting story about memory, music, living, dying, loving.


The accident scene broke my heart. I feel like I don't want to finish the whole novel 'cause I think it won't make any sense anymore. Who would love to live alone? I mean your parents are already dead and you still don't know where your little brother is. However, the twist and turns of the scenarios made me decide that I should finish the book. Finish it up to the very last page.

I can imagine myself at Mia's position - physical body that's oblivion to anything around her while the soul was lingering at the hospital. It's heartbreaking for her to see her Gran and Gramps watching her suffer, as well as her best friend and boyfriend. She's overwhelmed with the presence of caring nurses and social workers, as well as the presence of family friends.


This story proves that love conquers all. Love will make you want to stay, even if you think everything was already in a losing battle. Love will make you feel strong when you think you're at the edge of the cliff. Love will make everything possible. Love will put your hopes up.

Love's a bitch, or so they say. But in this novel, it's one of the reasons why she chose to stay. Love from her grandparents, from her family members, from her friends, and from Adam.


The question is, "What would happen to Adam's promises now that she stayed?" 


Time to read book two, Where She Went.


Final Rating: 8
Yes, I'm a fan of tragic novels. But I wanna read the second book for my official final rating for the series. Hehe!




Love,
Huntress

No comments: