Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Wonderful Wednesday

It's a wonderful Wednesday indeed! Aside from the fact that I have less sleep, I'm really happy with whatever had happened today. One thing I wanna share to you is my invention dish. I named it, Chicken in Pineapple Juice!

Let me share a quick background of this dish. My friend cooked this when he was staying at my apartment. He never told me how it was cooked, so I kinda "experimented" on how I'm gonna end up with that dish.

Before anything else, I wanna tell you that I won't be able to upload photos of the dish. My cam would ruin the awesomeness of the dish, so I decided not to take any photo. If I'll have a better cam next time, I promise to publish it here.

Moreover, I wanna warn you that I'm not really good at cooking. I might give you inaccurate measurements of the ingredients. I suggest you follow your intuition if you're going to try this dish. Hehe!

Lastly, I'm not promoting any company for this dish. You can use any product that you wanted and you preferred. I guess you knew more than I do when it comes to cooking, so again, trust your instinct. :)



So.. let's get this started!

The ingredients I used were:

1 small onion
5 cloves of garlic
1/2 kl of chicken (drumsticks)
powdered juice (pineapple flavor)
3 to 4 tablespoons of soy sauce
salt and pepper for seasoning


Procedure:

1. Prepare your pineapple juice. Dissolve two tablespoons of pineapple powder in a glass of water. Make sure that you'll use enough water to soften and cook the chicken. You can add more pineapple juice powder if you want more sweetness.

TIP: You can also use those ready-made pineapple juices in cans. (Like Del Monte Pineapple or whatever) Just don't put too much water that might remove it's taste in the dish. 

2. Mix your chopped garlic, onion, and chicken in a frying pan. You can also use pots if you don't have any pan that's deep enough to hold much water.

3. Add four tablespoons of soy sauce.

4. Add your pineapple juice.

5. Cook until the chicken is soften. It could take about 30 to 45 minutes, depending on the class of meat you've bought.

6. Season with salt and pepper. If needed, you can add more soy sauce. Again guys, it depends on your preference.

NOTE: It's faster to cook younger chicken meat than those from adult ones. According to the Internet. Hehe! 

AND YOU'RE DONE!

I admit, it will look like a simple chicken adobo. However, the taste of the pineapple juice should overpower the taste of the soy sauce. That's actually the twist in that dish. :)



So.. here's another Filipino dish with a sweet twist. If you're gonna try this, hope you'll tell me what happened.



Thanks for reading! :D



 PS: This is dish #1 for my bucket list! ♥



Love,
Ayin

No comments: